Careers in economics and finance are based on forecasting, accounting, and compliance. Finance workers keep track of money. You might work in financial planning, banking, or insurance.
For example, you might provide financial services to a business or individual. Or, you could maintain financial records or give advice to business executives on how to operate their business.
People considering a job in economics and finance will also need to be proficient in project management, managing day-to-day balance sheets, and keeping a business on track to meet or exceed goals. Professionals focus on devising solutions to complex problems in for all types of industries including accounting, commercial banking, corporate finance, financial planning, hedge funds, insurance, investment banking, money management, private equity, and real estate.
Jobs in this Career
- Auditing Clerks
- Budget Analysts
- Cost Estimators
- Financial Analysts
- Financial Managers
- Management Analysts
- Personal financial Analysts
- Postsecondary Teachers
- Risk Management
- Tax Examiners
- Tax Collectors
- Revenue Agents
Industries in this Career
- Credit Intermediation and Related Activities: Businesses in this industry lend money or provide related services that support lending.
- Funds, Trusts, and Other Financial Vehicles: Businesses in this industry are legal entities that pool assets on behalf of shareholders.
- Insurance Carriers and Related Activities: Businesses in this industry underwrite (guarantee payment of) annuities or insurance policies.
- Lessors of Nonfinancial Intangible Assets (except Copyrighted Works): Businesses in this industry issue patents, trademarks, and other rights.
- Management of Companies and Enterprises: Businesses in this industry manage (or have equity in) other companies.
- Monetary Authorities, Central Bank: Businesses in this industry manage the nation's money supply.
- Real Estate: Businesses in this industry buy, sell, or rent real estate.
- Securities, Commodity Contracts, and Other Financial Investments and Related Activities: Businesses in this industry work with securities and commodities.